A BRIEF UNDERSTANDING OF STEAM PROGRAM
Every course and program offers the knowledge and understanding of a particular field, but STEAM programs center all the required fields as one. The schooling and education system only focuses on good grades and not the knowledge one needs to acquire to face the current challenges. The lack of practicality in the educational system has led to the growth of the after school STEAM program because it has been seen to contribute to children’s academic and intellectual development. The benefits it offers are immense and numerous because it is a mixture of 5 fields.
Following are the fields that altogether make up a STEAM program a beneficial one:
- Science: It encompasses all the scientific knowledge and information and has three primary courses of chemistry that deals with chemicals and substances, biology that deals with human and other living creatures, and physics that deals with energy, time, and other aspects, either manufactured or natural. Science in STEAM helps children understand processes and enhance their problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Technology: Nothing has been possible, and you wouldn’t be able to read this on your screens without the advancement in the field of technology. Learning about technology and its uses will help children make the most out of it and answer impossible questions by innovating their technologies. It will enhance their creativity and help them with all other fields because of the need for technology in the 21st century.
- Engineering: The reason people adore the beauty of the Taj mahal or Burj khalifa is because of its architecture, and it is all the efforts of engineers who, using skills and creativity, designed unique buildings and infrastructure around the world. Allowing children about the field of engineering will help contribute to their creativity and analytical skills.
- Art: Art has been compromised in the 21st century compared with history. The spirit and value of Art are dead and need to be reawakened with the help of STEAM programs. Art can be any form, but it allows children to find their passion and interest. It enhances their creativity and enables them to be unique because of the Art. Art helps a child to look for as many possible answers, for one thing, enhancing their intellectual growth.
- Mathematics: Math has been applicable in every field, whether science to derive the proportions of drugs used in medicines, in technology to give numerical calculations, and in all other areas. Engaging children in practical activities will make Math a fun subject because schools have been using traditional ways of teaching.
The STEAM program combines all the essential fields for one to understand. It not only focuses on these fields but allows children to take part in engaging activities which develop their communication and interpersonal skills. The idea of STEAM programs has elevated in the past few years because of their benefits and results that are seen to be contributing positively to society. Enrolling in an after school STEAM program will be the best choice one will ever make.