Planning and executing a birthday party for your child is stressful and tiring. Despite that, you still work hard and make sure everything is perfect for your child. Who doesn’t want to give their child the best and most memorable birthday party?
You can either organize the whole party yourself or hire party planners like the kids’ party planner in garden city to help you execute your dream birthday party. Managing it yourself is better if you are looking for a budget-friendly option.
Don’t be intimidated by it cause we are here to guide and help you organize everything yourself. This article will highlight ideas and tips to create a fantastic themed birthday party.
Brainstorming ideas is the first step in planning a themed birthday party. You have to consider your child’s interests before deciding on a theme. It’s best if you discuss it with them first as it’s their birthday celebration.
Here are a few ideas for a themed party:
- Jungle Party
For a jungle-themed party, you can decorate the venue with a lot of greenery, animal print balloons, and tableware. Jungle-themed birthday cake and mini cupcakes with green frosting for guests are an amazing addition to the party.
- Donut Party
If donuts are your child’s favorite, you can plan an entire party around donuts. All of the decorations—balloons, containers, plates, and garlands are focused on the ring-shaped treat. What about dessert? Give out donuts, of course.
- Character Themed Party
One of the favorite themed parties for kids is a character-based birthday bash. Children’s party entertainers in Franklin Square are hired to dress as a superhero or a princess and play around with the kids.
- Ice cream Party
You can keep a fun and engaging activity for the kids. Put out a table with all the equipment guests will need to make their own ice cream. Give everyone their favorite flavors, cones, and tasty toppings.
- Carnival-themed Party
How about you bring the whole carnival to your place for your child’s birthday? This kind of celebration is fun for everyone, whether it’s preparing popcorn or playing a balloon shoot game. Remember to have plenty of small prizes to distribute.
Step-by-step Guide to Planning Your Child’s Birthday Party
Choose your theme: Decide on the type of party you want to have and choose a theme. Consider the age of the children, as well as their interests, when selecting a theme.
- Book a venue: Consider the number of children who will be attending and book a venue that can accommodate them comfortably. A local park, community center, or even your home could be suitable.
- Invite guests: Create a guest list, and decide on the best way to invite the guests. You could create custom invitations, or use online tools such as Evite or Paperless Post.
- Hire a character: If you want to add a real-life character to your party, decide which character to hire. Do some research online, and contact the character provider to check availability and rates.
- Plan activities: Think of activities that will keep the children entertained. Consider the theme when planning activities, and make sure that the character you hire can participate in them.
- Catering: Decide on the food. You could hire a caterer, or make your own food. Consider the age of the children, and the theme of the party when deciding on the menu.
- Favors: Decide on the type of favors you would like to give to the guests. You could make your own favors, or purchase pre-made ones.
- Decorations: Start planning the decorations as soon as possible. Consider the theme when selecting the decorations, and look for items that will tie in with the character you hired.
- Music: Choose the type of music that you want to play at the party. Consider the age of the children when selecting the music, and make sure it is appropriate for the theme.
- Set up and clean up: Prepare the venue for the party, and make sure it is clean and tidy. After the party, make sure to clean up the venue and dispose of any decorations, favors, and food.